- Boris Gutkin (boris.gutkin at ens.fr)
- Gregory Dumont (gregory.dumont at ens.fr)
- Johann Lussange
- Sophie Deneve (sophie.deneve at ens.fr)
Time & place : every Tuesday, 17:00-19:00, Salle Ribot, 29, rue d'Ulm
Literature : textbook: Dayan & Abbott. Theoretical Neuroscience. MIT Press 2001.
1. Quantitative Models of Behavior (Lecturer: Johann Lussange)
- The Rescorla-Wagner Learning Rule, Johann Lussange
MathReminder-Lecture1.1, Johann Lussange
- The Exploration-Exploitation and Reinforcement Learning, Johann Lussange
Mathreminder-Lecture1.2 (Expectation Values)
- Reinforcement Learning Continued, Johann Lussange
- HW1, due TBA at 17:00
- HW2, due TBA at 17:00.
- HW1 solution
- HW2 solution
Chapter 9 of Dayan & Abbott.
- Sutton & Barto: Chapter 1-6 Highly readable introduction to reinforcement learning
- Schneiderman et al (1962). Science 136:650--652 Article on rabbit eye-blink conditioning
- Real (1991). Science 253:980--986 Article on bumblee behavior
- Schultz et al (1997). Science 275:1593--1599 Dopamine, conditioning, and reinforcement learning brought together
- Daw et al (2006). Nature 441: 876--879 Reinforcement learning applied to fMRI.
- Doya (2008). Nature Neuroscience 11: 410-416 Recent review of the literature.
2. Neural Correlates of Behavior (Lecturer: Boris Gutkin)
- Neural Decoding, Boris Gutkin
- Population Coding/Decision Making, Boris Gutkin
- Neural Encoding, Boris Gutkin
- HW3, due TBA at 17:00
- HW4 due TBA at 17:00
- HW3 Solution
- HW4 Solution
3. Neural Mechanisms: Neurons and Networks (Lecturer: Gregory Dumont)
- Binary Neurons and Networks, Gregory Dumont
- Biophysics of Neurons (Part1), Biophysics of Neurons (Part2), Gregory Dumont
- The Hodgkin-Huxley model, Gregory Dumont
- HW5 due in May 7, 2019
- HW7 due in May 14, 2019
- HW5 Solution
- HW6 Solution
- HW7 Solution
Chapter I1-- 5,6; III-- 8 of Dayan & Abbott
Chapter 1--3, 7.3, 8.4 (pg36-38) of Dayan & Abbott
- David Marr (1980). Vision. MIT Press. Introduction Must read
- Parker & Newsome (1998). Annual Review of Neurosciences Nice review on detection and discrimination experiments
- Hubel (1988). Eye, Brain, and Vision. Scientific American. Chapters 2-4.
Further reading suggestions:
Written exam 2 hours, TBA 17:00 - 19:00
Notes allowed. Lecture Slides allowed. Questions on the lecture and homework topics.
Exam will count as 20% of grade.